The New York State Gaming Fee’s Equine Medical Director and all three Stewards might be made accessible to the media to handle any incidents that happen throughout races on August 6, 2022 at Saratoga Race Course. On the conclusion of the day’s races, Equine Medical Director Scott E. Palmer, VMD and the three Stewards—Braulio Baeza, Jr. (Fee), Dr. Jennifer Durenberger (The Jockey Membership), and Brook Hawkins (NYRA)— might be accessible within the Stewards’ stand to handle media questions relating to incidents, accidents, inquiries, objections, or rulings that occurred throughout any of the day’s races.
As well as, Dr. Palmer might be accessible to talk to the media within the occasion of any equine health-related on-track incidents that happen throughout the day. If an incident happens, Dr. Palmer might be accessible for media briefing following the conclusion of the impacted race in his workplace, positioned instantly adjoining to the Dunkin Donuts concession stand. Dr. Louis Castro, the American Affiliation of Equine Practitioners on-call veterinarian, will present media help for the NBC protection of the Whitney Stakes.
Safety Protocols for the Whitney Stakes:
Horses operating within the Whitney Stakes are topic to steady 72-hour “devoted watch” by skilled safety personnel resulting in post-time. Throughout a “devoted watch,” one guard is stationed full-time for each horse programmed.
Safety Protocols for the Saratoga Derby Invitational:
Join BloodHorse Day by day
Horses operating within the Saratoga Derby Invitational are topic to “intensified watch” by a workforce of six-to-eight skilled safety personnel conducting cell surveillance and direct horse checks no less than 3 times per shift from 72 to 30 hours previous to their race, with steady “devoted watch” happening for the ultimate 30 hours earlier than post-time.
All guards employed for these protocols are skilled NYRA safety personnel and racing investigators, who obtain ongoing schooling from the Group of Racing Investigators.
For all horses within the Whitney Stakes and the Saratoga Derby Invitational:
- Horses should be on the grounds of Saratoga Race Course no later than 72-hours previous to their anticipated submit time. Exceptions are on the discretion of the Stewards.
- The Fee will receive out-of-competition blood samples of horses competing in these races and have the samples examined on the New York Equine Drug Testing and Analysis Program at Morrisville State Faculty.
- The Fee has coordinated with different jurisdictions to acquire out-of-competition samples from horses not stabled in New York.
- As soon as arrived, horses should stay at Saratoga Race Course till after the operating of their specified race. Exceptions will solely be granted within the case of an unforeseeable emergency, as decided by the devoted watch safety in session with veterinarians and the Stewards.
- Horses shall reside of their trainers’ present barns and/or at stalls on the grounds, that are topic to monitoring by safety personnel.
- No horse entered within the Whitney Stakes or the Saratoga Derby Invitational could also be handled inside 72-hours of the race until Fee safety personnel are current. NYRA or Fee safety personnel will monitor all remedies carried out by veterinarians.
- No administration of any medicine or substance by dose syringe is permitted inside 24-hours of a race.
- All syringes and containers for administered medicine might be retained by Fee personnel for potential testing.
- Veterinarians shall submit a 72-hour remedy plan for every horse entered within the Whitney Stakes or the Saratoga Derby Invitational by Midday on August 3, 2022.
- Full veterinary data for 72-hours previous to the Whitney Stakes and the Saratoga Derby Invitational shall be submitted to the Fee, which is able to evaluate after which publicly submit the data to its web site.
- Entry-exit logs might be maintained by NYRA and Fee safety personnel.
- All individuals—together with veterinarians, trainers, assistant trainers, farriers, house owners, or different connections—on coming into the stall, partaking in touch with the horse, or performing any service for the horse, will need to have a sound Fee license on their particular person.
- Such individuals might be logged-in by safety personnel, together with the explanation for his or her go to.
- Routine stall and horse upkeep by recognized grooms and workers might be monitored however are exempt from logging.
- All tools, feed, hay bales, and many others. are topic to look and seizure by each NYRA and the Fee, as offered by regulation.
- On race day, no remedies might be permitted for horses entered in any Stakes Race pursuant to NYRA coverage, until it’s for an emergency or as authorised by the Stewards.
- All horses collaborating within the Whitney Stakes and the Saratoga Derby Invitational should report back to the Meeting Barn at least 45 minutes previous to the designated Put up Time.
- On race day, blood samples for TCO2 evaluation might be collected from horses within the Meeting Barn between 45 minutes to 1 hour earlier than submit time. Horses will then be escorted to the paddock.
This press launch has not been edited by BloodHorse. If there are any questions please contact the group that produced the discharge.